If you have multiple Instagram account, you may want to delete the one you don’t actually use often and keep the active one to yourself. How to delete Instagram account is one funny question that bubbles on my heart that why would I want to delete my Instagram account and why would you want to delete your Instagram account.
Instead of deleting your Instagram account permanently, you can decide to disable your account a reason best know to you but deleting your account may not be highly recommended because you will not get access to the account username once deleted and your Instagram friends will not be able to search and add you on Instagram using that username again.
Actually, this post is going to talk about how to delete Instagram account, either your your own Insta account or a friend’s Insta account but note that once you deleted any Instagram account you cannot have access to it again, and that will amount to the fact that you have to create another Instagram account.
There is nothing bad in deleting your Insta account, most especially when you want to stay off social network for a while. Just like me, I actually need to reduce the number of social networks I relates to, and If that be the case, I can choose to delete my Instagram account for that beautiful reason.
However, let go straight to the deal of today on how to delete your Instagram account but before that, you can just take your time to check through how to disable or deactivate Instagram account with just a click.
How to Delete Instagram Account
Let me quickly sound this warning that you take responsibility for deleting your Instagram account and, we at Thegeekiepedia we are no way responsible for whatever you lost when you delete your Insta account.
More so, we strongly advise you to download and save your Instagram photos off the web before you delete your Instagram account so that you will be able to upload them again to your second Instagram account or your next Insta account.
Meanwhile we will consider two ways to delete your Instagram account . The first step will talk about how to delete your Instagram account on mobile via Instagram app and then, how to delete your account on PC using your web browser.
How to Delete Instagram Account on Mobile or Smartphone
This method works on mobile provided you are using the official Instagram app. It works on Android iPhone or iOS devices, Blackberry, and Windows phone.
So there is no doubting whether this approach will work on your own device. So let get started now.
2. On your Insta page, click on your profile icon to the bottom right of the page and you will be taken to your Instagram page profile.
3. Click on the three dots at the upper right of your Instagram profile page to move to your account options windows.
4. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on help center under INSTAGRAM SUPPORT and you will be prompted to open your Instagram account on browser then open your Instagram account with your favorite browser.
5. Click on manage your Instagram account on your the opened browser.
6. On your Instagram account help center manager your account, click on Delete you account
7. Now, click on How do I delete my account
8. Don’t just scroll down to delete your account, take your time to read through the content on the page for a better understanding of what you stand to put your Instagram account through when your delete your Insta account. Once you think you are satisfying reading it, click on Go to the delete your account page.
9. You will be prompted to login to your Instagram account to perform this operate or if you are logged in already you will be prompted to either login to the account your sign in to already or switch your Instagram account. Whichever ways, just sign in to your Instagram account to proceed.
10. Click on the drop down menu from the list why are you deleting your account and select privacy concern
11. Still on the same page, move down your Instagram account password section and type in your Instagram account password to continue and then click on Permanently delete my account to delete your Instagram account from Instagram database.
With this approach, how to delete Instagram account seems easy right? Well, let take another look on how to delete Instagram account via Web browser.
How to Delete Instagram Account on Computer or Laptop
In case you are reading this Instagram post on your PC or computer or Laptop and you will love to delete your Instagram account right on your PC or perhaps you don’t have access your phone right now, you find this post interesting so that it will not be as if it’s those that have their smartphone close to them that will enjoy it for this moment.
So as not to keep you waiting, here is the second approach I can use to delete my Instagram account.
1. Open your preferred browser and login to your Instagram account using the exact Instagram password and username you want to delete from Instagram database and navigate to delete Instagram account page
2. Under why are you deleting you account, click on the drop down menu and select Privacy concerns.
3. After selecting privacy concerns, you will be prompt to enter your Instagram account password, enter your account password and click on delete my account permanently and you will prompt to confirm you account deletion, then press Ok.
And you Instagram account will be delete instantly and you will not have access to the Instagram username and the deleted username can no longer be used to register another Instagram account.
However, before you delete your Instagram account you may want to disable it first so that you will be able to reactivate it back when the need arise.
This is exactly how to delete Instagram account on both PC and Mobile , and you can use this method to delete your Instagram account any time.